Topband: inv. L

Mike Furrey mikefurrey at att.net
Mon Oct 17 12:32:20 EDT 2016

Hi Art,Yes, I have done that and am doing that. I use tall trees as supports and the 160 inverted L goes up one side of the tree then bent over horizontally to another tree over yonder. From the same feed point, the 80 meter section goes up the other side of the same tree and the top actually folds over an upper limb down to the tie point. I have had the antennas separate and had them from the same feed point as I do now and I have not seen much, if any difference in performance. With 600 watts output I have about 165 countries on 160 and about 220 on 80 from a small suburban lot in Houston. I just installed the same antenna in TN and it has worked quite well there. I feed it through a ferrite bead balun and I have one elevated (up about 20') per band.Hope this helps. 73, Mike WA5POK