Topband: inv. L

NC3Z Gary nc3z at outlook.com
Mon Oct 17 16:26:38 EDT 2016

Art, I put one up this spring with the encouragement on this list. The
L's are back to back, e.g. the 160M L points north while the 80M points
south. The vertical sections are 45' and the spacing is about 18". Fed
with a decoupling choke at the base over 32 65' radials.

My amp tunes up with no need for a tuner or matching network and I have
been very pleased with the performance, even for local stuff out 300-600
miles all during the summer.

Did a lot of comparison using WSPR mode into EU and OC and the L on both
bands trounced the resonate dipoles, on both TX and RX, so they have
since come down.

I am considering adding a 40M element.

Gary Mitchelson
NC3Z/4 Pamlico County, NC FM15