Topband: Fw: Battle Creek Special - 160 Resonance

HAROLD SMITH JR w0rihps at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 29 23:34:03 EDT 2016

----- Forwarded Message -----
 From: HAROLD SMITH JR <w0rihps at sbcglobal.net>
 To: "thoyer1 at verizon.net" <thoyer1 at v
 Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2016 10:25 PM
 Subject: Fw: Topband: Battle Creek Special - 160 Resonance

Hello Tom, You might want to contact George W8UVZ or George K8GG about your problems. The frequency of the lowest VSWR is most of the time NOT the resonate frequency.
The resonate frequency can be measured by disconnecting the feed-line and replace with a few turn link at the feed point and check with a good Grid-Dip meter. Then adjust the antenna to the frequency that you want and the check the VSWR.  Then match the antenna to the feed-line.