Topband: 8 element antenna - Amplifier placement

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Mon Sep 19 17:00:59 EDT 2016

Bob,

Thanks for the feedback on the paint.

I have been using the 3 element HI-Z array
for several years now and although I
understand it is not as robust as the 8
element, it is far better than any Rx
antenna I have used thus far. I got the 8
element because I understand it is even
better than the 3 element and I want that
extra benefit.

I hope to get it all up and running in a
couple of days. Rain today and tomorrow so
I'm on hold but after I clear out the
above branches over the antenna placement,
I'll be good to go.

If you have room for the Hi-Z, whichever
one you choose, its an excellent choice.

73,

Gary
KA1J