Topband: Waterproofing a tupperware - drainage & advice

Gene Smar ersmar at verizon.net
Sun Sep 25 13:30:16 EDT 2016

Gary:

     The proper way to get a cable into an equipment box as you're proposing
is to install a conduit gland in the hole first, then feed the cable through
the rubber o-ring in the gland.  Here's a link to a photo:
http://tinyurl.com/z2pbynr .  Of course, the connectors cannot be put on the
cable ends until they're inside the box, past the glands.

     I can't tell from your description whether the cables enter the
enclosure from the side or bottom.  If the bottom, you're ok.  If from the
side, then you ought to leave a drip loop of cable along side the enclosure
for each cable.  The downward direction of cables without drip loops just
makes for a path for water on the full length of the cable jackets to follow
directly into the box.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F