Topband: Modeling Transmit Antenna Affect on Rx Antenna Performance?

Lee STRAHAN k7tjr at msn.com
Fri Sep 30 15:31:08 EDT 2016

Paul, I suggest you talk to Gary KD9SV as he built a Hi-Z around his TX antenna.
  Incidentally the ground radials under the Hi-Z is not a good idea. I suspect you would have to use NEC4 to see the real effect of the radials. I have not made a test myself to see how close radials could be. Disconnecting the T element on one band like 160 will work for that band but likely will not work the same on 80 meters. Leaving it connected might be better. Same situation with the feedline impedance looking back toward the radio. That may change with band as well.
Lee  K7TJR