Topband: Beverage in a slope

Yuri Blanarovich k3bu at optimum.net
Thu Apr 13 09:57:39 EDT 2017

I had 1300 ft Beverage running down the hill, it sucked (not signals).
Inv Vee was beating it.
I cut it in half and second night in the contest it worked well, beating
Inv Vee on DX signals.
It looks like in the direction of the slope on a hill, the pattern,
reception cone is forced to lower angles, and depending on situation,
that could be too low for given propagation.
The best thing is to experiment with various settings, ground
conditions, angle of slope, type of Beverage, propagation mode can make
it "play" in different ways.
600 ft long one should play well. In reverse direction, it would
probably have high angle pattern.

73 Yuri, K3BU.us

 On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 02:11 PM, Gabriel - EA6VQ wrote:

 > I am planning to install a second 180m (590 feet) long reversible
Beverage