Topband: 160 inverted L radials question

Dennis W0JX w0jx at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 1 12:41:25 EST 2017

One way to use the current radial field would be to erect a 30 foot piece of freestanding  aluminum tube right in the center of the radial field and connect a wire to the top of the short vertical for the remaining length. The wire will have to slant away from the radial field but a substantial part of the antenna , carrying significant current, will be vertical.

This is the approach I use on my 80 meter elevated ground plane. The first 23 feet is aluminum tubing and the remaining 44 feet slants toward limb on a very tall 85 foot dead ash tree. It works very well.

73, Dennis W0JX