Topband: Detuning Relay Flyback Diode

David Cutter d.cutter at ntlworld.com
Sun Dec 24 11:00:07 EST 2017

Jim

I agree with your idea about the zener and a diode but I disagree about
using signal diodes on their own.  In my early career I recall changing a
few 1N4148/1N914s on small cradle relays.  Changing to 1N4000 series stopped
the failures.  I also agree, that for small relays there is no need for
1N5400 size.

David
G3UNA