Topband: greyline prop forecast

N5KM - Kris n5kilomike at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 20:29:59 EST 2017

Hi Thomas,

You've provided quite a wealth of information. I will study it to try to
understand.
For the past several years I've been collecting some lowband propagation
data as well as
stations heard and signal strength to try to understand the factors
involved. Your 13 point
method is far beyond what I was doing. Thanks for sharing.

73,

Kris N5KM

Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 14:21:44 -0500
> From: "Thomas F. Giella W4HM" <thomasfgiella at gmail.com>
> To: <topband at contesting.com>
> Subject: Re: Topband: greyline prop forecast
>
> True grey line radio wave propagation rarely occurs on 160 meters and true
> long path propagation even less. When it does the opening is usually only a
> few minutes long. Instead it's usually a skewed path that includes RF
> signal
> ducting in the E Valley/F layer propagation region.
>
> I had a web page on the interweb for 20 years concerning MF radio wave
> propagation (300-3000 kHz).

<snip>