Topband: 160m open at high A-index plus hi solar wind

Dr. Wolf Ostwald df2py at t-online.de
Sat Jan 7 11:00:38 EST 2017

hi reflectees,

as this morning yielded very good propagation on the polar routes, it
made me wonder why.

The A-index was at 16, the solar wind close to 700 km/s. Normally that
is bad news.

we all experienced that the so called reliable magnetic predictors are
sometimes out of duty.

But when it happens it surprises still. For some unknown reason, today
the beverages beat the phased loops by more than an S-unit. Which is
completely out of the ordinary, like the band was today as well.

I am not sure whether Carl has an out of the hand explanation for that.
But, if the horse is free, ride on  ;-)

73 de wolf - df2py-   ar