Topband: Report on trying to work Long Path from Western Australia into USA

Steve Ireland vk6vz at arach.net.au
Mon Jan 9 08:36:56 EST 2017

G’day

Thanks to all those in eastern USA who have been listening for my signals on the long path for the last five or six days – it is much appreciated.

Unfortunately I’ve become ill in the last day or so with a stomach virus and this is currently stopping me from getting on the band around my sunrise (2115Z). Hopefully I will feel better towards the end of the week and can have a try for a few more days.  Of course, it is pretty late in the season to work LP now, but it has been fun to try.

At this end, despite excellent to reasonable conditions into Europe on most days – on two occasions European contacts were made up to 35 minutes after sunrise, which is extraordinary for south-west VK6 - LP propagation into NA has been poor and I have yet to hear a NA signal. Such is the topband!

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ

---