Topband: west coast in the mornings

Wes Stewart wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Sat Jan 28 19:18:38 EST 2017

I just worked K6SRZ in San Francisco @ 2355Z. Our sunset here in Tucson is at
0054Z.  So I worked him approximately 1 hour before our sunset and 2 hours
before his.  BTW, he's a real RST 589.

My antenna TX & RX is an inverted vee about 45' high at the apex and the ends
about 6' high, rig is an old K3 + KPA500.  In case you think the QSO was perfect
for a NVIS antenna and a fluke, I have 55 DXCC entities confirmed with this
setup.  Worked all of the usual suspect JAs past sunrise this AM.

Wes  N7WS