Topband: tower vertical

Brian Pease bpease2 at myfairpoint.net
Tue Jan 31 08:20:23 EST 2017

The base insulator is certainly the most effective way to detune, and
the most efficient way to drive the tower, but it is nice to have the
tower grounded and use shunt feed.  You can detune the tower by turning
the bottom section into a parallel-resonant trap during receive,
probably using the TX shunt wire with a series capacitor to the bottom.
See ON4UNs book pg 7-109