Topband: Short Verticals

David Cutter d.cutter at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 14 04:53:56 EDT 2017

As I understand it, if you reduce the effect of ground loss by using raised
radials you should get a more predictable and consistent result.  So, your
main radiator, the vertical, sits between 2 sets of radials, one set at the
top and one at the bottom.  My feeling is that this gets the most efficient
result.  Most software doesn't like radials close to or in the ground, so I
would do the modeling then make one to do real measurements.  From there you
can plug in accurate figures for your phasing system.

I came across this, which you probably know all about:
http://www.kkn.net/dayton2005/ON4UN-Dayton-2005.pdf

Will you be using wires, poles or towers?  Wish I had the space.

David
G3UNA