Topband: Sept 12 JT65 on 1838khz...nice opening to Eu.

James Rodenkirch Rodenkirch_LLC at msn.com
Fri Mar 17 11:24:28 EDT 2017

While watching the  waterfall for "spreading" on 160 and 80, Lee I've seen similar "results."

My operating "mode"now is:

160: 25 to 30 watts set wid no ALC "ficker"
  80:  30 to 50 watts set wid no 'flicker'

Note: I run the 'mike input' control to a high enuff input I'll need to "back of" the alc adjust control (on the main screen, right hand side) to get the 'power out' indicator on the KX3 power 'down to' the final output number/value I've settled on.

I have worked VKs and JAs on 160 and 80 with these settings.  72/73 de Jim Rodenkirch K9JWV