Topband: 160 power

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 14:08:15 EDT 2017

>I would suggest you work on your receive capability first.
>There's nothing more obvious (and embarrassing) then to
>have people calling you that you can't hear.

It doesn't embarrass me at all.  Once you have done all you can to
improve your rx within reason, then run all the power you can.  If the
other station can't put a signal into my QTH I can copy then that's
his problem.

The new reality is many locations have noise floors that are many many
dB higher than 40 or 50 years ago.  After antennas, a major solution
is power.  If a ham doesn't want to go QRO he has a problem, not me.

I will not let not hearing someone keep me off 160.

73

Rob
K5UJ