Topband: Top Band and JT65

Wes Stewart wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Sun May 21 19:36:26 EDT 2017

In the context of this discussion I think RTTY is an "in between" mode.
Decoding is done with a computer (or in the radio if you have a K3) but I've
never seen a decode on a signal that I couldn't hear or see on the spectrum
display. As a non-contest DX chaser, I find that it often takes considerable
operator skill to work other than common DX stations, particularly in split
pileups on RTTY.  IMHO, working RTTY is sometimes more difficult than CW and
there is certainly less DXpedition activity.

Wes Stewart  www.qrz.com/db/n7ws