Topband: Top Band and JT65

Peter Sundberg sm2cew at telia.com
Mon May 22 02:13:09 EDT 2017

Mark,

What you are saying is, that by using the K1JT shorthand messages, i
e single carriers representing a report, confirmation "RRR" and "73"
we are seeing a wonderful advancement in communication technology. JT
shorthand messages are nothing but a carrier at a certain frequency
offset. They are used all the time to make these wonderful QSO's,
taking people up the DXCC ladder at higher speed than ever before.

If only detecting a carrier would have provided me with confirmation
of a QSO on Top Band I would certainly have more countries in my log
than I do now..

There is nothing wonderful about lowering the amount of data
transferred via the airwaves to virtually nothing to complete a QSO,
it is going backwards rather than forward in advancement in my view.

73
Peter SM2CEW