Topband: Vac relay keying

David Cutter d.cutter at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 15 05:10:04 EST 2017

Trevor

That circuit works well if you only have a 13V typical radio supply.  You
can string several relays from the T/R line but remember to fit a 1N4000
type diode across the relay, + end to supply, -end to the T/R line.

It's important to take into account your linear amplifier (if you are using
one) as well.  If you have a radio that can delay RF after sending the
PTT/transmit signal, that is an advantage to avoid hot-switching.

The slowest relay in your system might be the one in the amplifier, but
that's slow to energise and slow to de-energise.  Make yourself a little
timing diagram of what you need.  I think this is in various handbooks.

Give more info on your *complete* set up.

David
G3UNA