Topband: 160m magnetic loop

John Randall m0els at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 27 14:13:41 EST 2017

Hi Roger, No, I have not seen it, but will take a look. I am eager to get this up and see what it does, especially with that proposed 890Hecta solar farm going up just a few miles away, its going to generate a lot more noise for all concerned. My loft is full on junk, so will probably have to clear it out and then see if its a feasible location with the surrounding noise. I hope the further from the house, the quieter it will be...ha ha.There were a lot of stations on the 160m contest, but its not my cuppa so I have a few shouts on ssb and then called it quits. CW is out due to arthiritis and this keyboard stuff is just not me either. Around 21h30 clock time , the locals start switching off their appliances and gadgets and I can connect my preamp.
I am not too worried about Dx and I take it as and if it comes along. Too old to worry about paper certificates etc etc. Back to the loop, did you isolate the loop from the transceiver ?
73John - M0ELS

Digitally signed mail - John  M0ELS