Topband: 160 inverted L radials question

StellarCAT rxdesign at ssvecnet.com
Wed Nov 29 09:08:11 EST 2017

Hi folks:Iam in the process to reinstall an inverted L antenna. Due to the
category 5 hurricane that passthru the island of ST.CROIX usvi i loss 2 towers
and antennas.one of the towers use to support and inverted L antenna for 160  with radials all over the tower. I will reinstall the  inverted L on a
different location about 25 or 30 feet away from the original location.my
question is could i use the same radials from the previous location just
running one wire attach to the radial system to the new inverted Lground
section?
ThanksKP2BH/Jimmy
_________________ Jimmy,The replies you are getting seem a bit over the top ... forgive me for saying that to those that replied “it won’t work”. We’re talking about160 here – so 30’ is what, 0.06 WL’s! I’d do it if that is what you can do ... and add to it in the opposite direction... I doubt seriously thatyou’re going to see any real disadvantage to doing it in this manner. You’ll have decreased losses where you have the more denseground field unless you can add to it going in the direction you’re moving it in which case it won’t really make that much difference. Gary   K9RX