Topband: RX/TX Antenna decoupling,

MR TREVOR DUNNE ei2glb at eircom.net
Sun Oct 1 16:04:44 EDT 2017

Hi All

I want to make sure my tx antenna doesn't upset my RX antenna they are about 20m apart,

I plan to disconnect the feed line to the TX antenna when in RX but do I leave it floating or ground it,

I will be using a shut capacitor to match the antenna so it will be grounded will this cause issues,

Also I will have a 80m wire vertical spaced a few feet from the 160 vertical, will grounding this when I'm on 160 stop any interaction or do I let it float,

Again if I use shunt capacitance to match this am I opening my self up for issues,

Thanks
Trevor
EI2GLB