Topband: RX/TX Antenna decoupling, (OFF LIST)

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 09:44:19 EDT 2017

I discovered my rx antennas worked much better if my tx antenna was
completely disconnected from the station.  Most coaxial relays or T/R
switches only break the center conductor.   That's not good enough.
There has to be a complete disconnection which I provided by using an
open frame relay mounted in a plastic box.  On 160 m. such a device
will not present an impedance bump but this solution worked for me
because I don't care about QSK.  This may not be necessary if the tx
and rx antennas can be separated by one or more wavelengths.

73

Rob
K5UJ