Topband: Shunt Feed help

Brian Pease bpease2 at myfairpoint.net
Tue Oct 10 09:47:48 EDT 2017

I have used NEC4 to model my short 50 ft tower for shunt feed on 160,
80, and 40 meters.  It has a small triband beam with all elements
grounded.  The 160m shunt wire goes to the top, of course, and NEC gave
a good estimate of the impedance.  On 80m, my first guess was pretty
close to 50 Ohms.  It took 3 tries on 40m where I was 3-4 ft off.
  I could extend the model to your height and lengthen my 3 elements to
roughly simulate your beam & estimate the 160m shunt length. I assume
that you have enough radials.