Topband: 3C0L

K4SAV RadioXX at charter.net
Tue Oct 17 11:56:11 EDT 2017

Great job by the 3C0L on 160.  They logged about 900 Qs last night on
160.  They started slow but picked up steam later.  I can only imagine
what that enormous pile must have sounded like on their end.

Also started hearing them 1 hour before my sunset, although weak at that
time.  Later they peaked at about S7.  Typically ran S3 to S7 all
night.  Solid copy from my sunset until their sunrise (except for the
QRMers)  I wonder about the details of that short 160 antenna. They
really had it playing well.  Best receiving antenna was a 365 ft BOG
pointed right at them.  Normally my best receiving antenna is my phased
EWEs but those were pointed at 45 degrees off them, so that's a 3 dB
signal to noise loss, and the BOG was better.

Jerry, K4SAV