Topband: FT8 - the end of 160m old school DXing? (long)

Wes Stewart wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Wed Oct 25 15:51:25 EDT 2017

On 10/25/2017 12:38 PM, Charlie Young wrote:
> ...The first big thrill was hearing my own CW echo several days in a row, before getting my 8877 amp finished and firing up JT65A.
One of the biggest thrills in my ham radio life was hearing my 144 MHz moon
echos using a station, that except for the coax, was entirely homebuilt.

Another was W5LFL saying, from shuttle Columbia, "N7WS, you're the loudest
station we've heard in the spacecraft"  Four long Yagis on an az-el mount and an
8877 will do that for you, especially with FM capture effect:-)

Wes  N7WS