Topband: FT8.

DXer hfdxmonitor at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 21:57:33 EDT 2017

"Additionally, traditional RTTY is still a "hear it" mode.   I actually
listen to the tones and while obviously I can't decode them by ear, I
can certainly tune them by ear.  Furthermore, MMTTY, which I use,
decodes one signal at a time, the one I tune in and respond to.  So, at
least in my operation, I have to be there and actively engaged."

That's one way to enjoy RTTY. Others use GRITTY.

Try leaving FT8 unattended, and see how many QSOs it makes by itself?

73 de Vince, VA3VF