Topband: FT8.

JC n4is at comcast.net
Wed Oct 25 23:15:28 EDT 2017

Hi Vince , just answering some of your questions for technical reasons, I
see all innovation as good for the hobby.

>>1) How is computer to computer FT8 different from computer to computer
RTTY, a very popular mode among DXers and contesters?<<

FT8 you make a decision witch station you want to work, the handshake
between the 2 computers define when and witch radio needs to transmit what.
Eliminating operator timing errors starting transmit off sync on the right
time speed up the "QSO" ,  there is no human intervention on FT8 after the
first click.
RTTY you need to read the screen, and decide how to click,  well ... no much
challenge too. I don't like RTTY either, I made only one QSO since 1969.

73's
JC
N4IS