Topband: K2AV Counterpoise

Wes Stewart wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Wed Oct 25 23:49:15 EDT 2017

I posted what I would, and am doing.  I subscribe to the idea that the radials
should be about the length of the vertical as a minimum and using my friend,
N7CL's rule of thumb, their number should be enough to keep the tips no further
apart than 0.015 lambda.

On, or in, the ground radials are much longer electrically than they are
physically because the Vp is much reduced.  How much so, who knows?  Put in
enough and resonance doesn't really matter. See Devouldere.

Wes  N7WS