Topband: A way forward to keep 'old school' modes vibrant alongside FT-8?

Ken Claerbout kenk4zw at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 11:54:14 EDT 2017

Most of you know where my heart is on this one.  And there are some
good suggestions for keeping the old school modes vibrant.

While good intentioned, the idea of splitting up the DXCC award is
going to be a wasted effort.  I would argue remote operating has
already changed the DXCC landscape in a major way.  Whether it's good
or bad is a personal thing.  Technology is constantly changing.  The
DXCC program will never keep up.  Get on the air.  Do your thing.
Have fun.  When it ceases to be fun for me, then I know I'll move onto
something else.

Anyone up for a contest this weekend?

73
Ken K4ZW