Topband: Shortened Radial Experiments

k8bhz at alphacomm.net k8bhz at alphacomm.net
Thu Oct 26 22:45:01 EDT 2017

Jeez Carl,

If you had read my write-up, you would realize that I NEVER recommended
2 radials for operating....just as a simple technique to measure
resonant radial length in one's soil....

Also, the point is NOT that everyone should use shortened radials. The
point IS that for hams with the typically 50' or so vertical portion of
an inverted L, you can have good results without going to 120 radials
that are 135 foot long!

However, I guess if you live next to the pond, results are much easier
to come by. Those of us in the middle of the country don't have it quite
so easy...

K8BHZ