Topband: 160m Vertical Ideas?

Wes Stewart wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Fri Oct 27 13:06:27 EDT 2017

On 10/27/2017 9:26 AM, Ed via Topband wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> Trying to figure out my scheme for 160m.  I currently have three crank up towers about 35’ apart from one another. One cranks up to 106’, the next to 70’ and third, to 89’.
>
> I figured I could shunt feed one of the taller towers and call it good but I’m concerned about interaction amongst the towers.
>
> Another option is to install an independent vertical about 150’ away..   This would minimize any interaction and would allow me to lay more/longer radials.  I could go up about 65’ in height.
150 feet is only about 0.3 wavelengths.  There could still be interaction.

> Inv L is not really an option, as I have no tall trees nearby.
You have three towers nearby.

> Thoughts?  Ideas?  I welcome your feedback.
Since the dedicated vertical/L could have a better radial field I would go that
way and run the horizontal wire/rope to one of the towers.  I have only one
tower but that's exactly what I'm doing.

Wes  N7WS