Topband: Small garden DX

John Randall m0els at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 31 02:50:20 EDT 2017

Lat night I worked two stations YU1XA and I5JVA and was happy with that, then went to bed. I have now cured most of my QRN and common mode problems and could see weaker stations on the flex panadapter. Silly me, I did learn a painful lesson £2.50 when my preamp went dead and upon opening it up, I realized that I had forgotten to add double back to back diodes across the preamp input. A new 2n5109 and protection diodes was soldered into place and I was back on the air.
Next step is to make a loop antenna for receive.
73John - M0ELS