Topband: WB6RSE Flag type loop question

Chuck Hutton charlesh3 at msn.com
Wed Aug 1 17:49:28 EDT 2018

But that gain is in the vicinity of small pennants, f;ags and others.

I often use smaller loops and flags with a preamp. At 160 and nearby, I believe  my preamps (Clifton Labs, ARR etc) have goodenough IM and NF properties to not affect results in a negative way.

Having said that, the pattern is pretty lousy. I wouldn't bother with the LOG unless I was desperate man in a desperate situation.

Chuck