Topband: BOGs and dipoles on the ground

n4is at n4is.com n4is at n4is.com
Tue Aug 7 13:37:11 EDT 2018

Hi Jerry

If you want to play with a very high performance EWE array, you can try this
one.

5m high , 7 m wide, 7m spaced, 4 EWE's in line. 49m total.

1st  EWE   10 degree  510 ohms
2nd EWE 190 degree 540 ohms
3nd EWE 180 degree 510 ohms
4nd EWE     0  degree 540 ohms

This antenna is narrow as 57 degree and punch a 13.8 db RDF, 160 to 40 m.

I prefer Delta Flags on the same configuration, you can get over 14 db RDF,
not much difference, but I can install it 1m over my metal fence.

I am building 2 x 4 EWE at 90 degree, on a corner, and it is possible to
switch 8 directions, but not with the same RDF.

I hope to work JT for my last zone on 160m.

73's
JC
N4IS