Topband: OT - US Hams, WWV closure

Arthur Delibert radio75a3 at msn.com
Mon Aug 20 17:03:59 EDT 2018

Anyone who doesn't want WWV and its sister stations to close down needs to SPEAK UP NOW.   Sometimes bureaucrats and politicians faced with demands to shrink their budgets propose things for elimination precisely because they know there's a constituency that will complain loudly and then the closure won't happen (like when a city official proposes to close a firehouse).  Whether that's the case here or not, we need to show that there is a constituency for WWV and we do care. Otherwise, how will they know and what will they assume?

Uphill struggle?  Perhaps. But so is working 200 countries on topband from a suburban lot, and lots of people on this list are up for that.

Sent from my iPhone