Topband: Air Wound Coil

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 07:26:57 EDT 2018

That is a very nice transmitter tank coil for a kilowatt amplifier. But if you have already calculated or measured the inductance you need, you can just wrap reasonable gauge insulated wire around any cardboard or plastic form you find. I used magnet wire around a cardboard tube. You can see a picture of the coil I wound for my 160M antenna match here, along with some other more complicated link coupled tuners:  http://n3qe.org/tuners.html

Tim N3QE