Topband: Radial Wire System Comparison - (was adding a parasitic reflect

MICHAEL ST ANGELO mstangelo at comcast.net
Thu Feb 1 17:19:43 EST 2018

Paul,

I got a good deal on stranded teflon wire. It cost me $0. I lay it on the ground. The only issue I have with it is that the wire is stranded and it wicks in moisture. Teflon is easily nicked and the moisture finds it's way in.

You mentioned your wire is solid so you should not have that problem.

In any case I'd be hesitant in removing the insulation and soldering. The exposed joints may corrode.

I got my wire 25 years ago. At that time teflon was cheap because scrap dealers didn't like it. The overseas recyclers they shipped wire to burned off the insulation to get to the copper; That is not possible with teflon.

Mike N2MS