Topband: FCC authorizes 1KW wireless power transmission

Brian Pease bpease2 at myfairpoint.net
Tue Feb 13 19:40:13 EST 2018

A few excerpts from Texzon's license request:

As well as under the control of Amateur licensee:
Michael Paul Taylor
FRN: 0024766438
General Class Amateur License call sign KG5IUC

Texzon will be conducting the testing and tuning in the frequency range
1710-1900 kHz. To conduct a series of measurements over a frequency
range, Texzon requests authorization to use a continuous wave (CW)
transmission with a 3 dB bandwidth of less than 10 Hertz (Hz).

Texzon anticipates that the demonstrations will be non-radiating.

The testing will not exceed 50
kW of RF input power to the surface wave launching probe at 1710 kHz.
The intent is to produce a surface wave without producing any Norton
ground wave radiation. Texzon believes that the EIRP will be limited to
1000 watts. Texzon will conduct other testing in the spectrum range from
1710 kHz to 1900 kHz but the input power will be less than 5 kW for
those tests with EIRP limited to 100 watts or less for that testing.

Importantly, Texzon believes such testing will be nonradiating
– which will limit the interference effects to any other party in the
spectrum bands under test.

3. Modulation and Emissions
Texzon proposes to utilize a continuous wave signal with less than 10
Hertz of bandwidth. The emission designator would be H10N0N.

While the testing should be non-radiating, the surface wave launching
probe will not exceed 35 feet above ground level for the 1800 kHz testing
and tuning.

D. Protection Against Causing Interference:
Texzon has requested authority to operate in the 1800 kHz band. The 1800 kHz
band is a primary Amateur Radio Service as well as a primary band for fixed,
mobile, and radiolocation services. Texzon understands that it must
accept any
interference from any users of this band and that all operations by
Texzon will be
on a secondary basis. Texzon has established a point of contact
identified below
with “kill switch” authority should any interference occur to primary
licensed
services. Should interference occur, Texzon will take immediate steps to
resolve
the interference, including, if necessary, arranging for the
discontinuance of
operation.

BTW, I have held experimental license WG2XPJ for 630 & 2200 m for years,
until I now no longer need it.
Brian, W1IR