Topband: Conditions on 160m for ARRL Contest

Lee STRAHAN k7tjr at msn.com
Mon Feb 19 23:21:27 EST 2018

   Mike and others,
   Those signals are NOT fishnet beacons. They are as one here said a version of a navigation system similar to Hyperfix. The reason you hear three "dings"
Is that there are three transmitters for each one that transmit in sequence and the electronics aboard ship measures the time of arrival for each pulse providing harbor navigation.
  How do I know this, I have heard them from the NW  here in OR many times and looked them up years ago. There have been at least two discussions about this here on top-band reflector over the years. And as mentioned they NEVER ID. They are also low power.
Mike I would suggest you Google Hyperfix.
   Lee   K7TJR  OR