Topband: brief opening on topband today

John Randall m0els at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 23 12:46:56 EST 2018

This afternoon, I had my flex 3k on 1.850 when I saw a trong station a bit lower down on the waterfall display and found it to ne S52AW Karl calling CQ at 16h58z,I answered his call and we had a pleasant ssb qso till he just faded into the noise, the qso lasted about 2 minutes. This coincided with a drop in the K-INDEX, which dropped from 5 to about 2.I also worked RW1F last night just before 22h00z and I am as happy as a pig in mud...hi
There is some hope with my antenna system albeit a small one.
73John