Topband: Beverage Ant Thread

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sun Jul 8 01:18:21 EDT 2018

On 7/7/2018 8:08 PM, Edward via Topband wrote:

>> On Jul 8, 2018, at 5:45 AM, Chuck Hutton <charlesh3 at msn.com> wrote:
>>
>> Can you be more specific about "deterioration"?

I experimented with Beverages for many years at my QTH with high
ground conductivity.  What I found was there was a 400 foot
limit to the length, beyond which any additional length was
a waste of wire.  However, I did not experience "deterioration".
Just no benefit to more wire.

I would think BOG's would be similar, but with an even shorter
length limit.  But again, I would be surprised if the performance
actually deteriorated.

YMMV.

73
Rick N6RK