Topband: KH1/KH7Z TopBand Ops Brief

GEORGE WALLNER aa7jv at atlanticbb.net
Sat Jul 14 20:06:54 EDT 2018

Dave,
The "Fat" TX antenna worked pretty well towards the N - NW. Also, by the
early mornings I was able to turn up the TX power to 1400 W, as the other CW
stations went off the air.
So, Ukrain, while clearly at the edge, was entirely possible. Of course, I
would have been very suspicious if I heard a G or EI calling... but I did
not hear anything out of line.
As you point out, the DX operator has no way to tell if somebody is
listening via a remote receiver.

Anyway, I think that anybody cheating, is primarily cheating himself.
73,
George