Topband: Laying ground radials

VK3HJ vk3hj_luke at barefoothorse.com.au
Thu Jun 7 08:38:24 EDT 2018

Thanks all.

I have located a supplier of 1.5 mm building wire for a similar price as
mentioned. This will save me a couple hundred bucks and give me more robust
wire.

I have been looking at the various sources for details of a suitable radial
plow and will consider my options.

Close in to the base of the mast I will have to work out something to fill
in the first metre or so radius, as the density of the radials will be too
great to plow them in. Maybe I'll build a fence to exclude the stock and lay
the first metre or so on top of the ground. I have a quantity of scrap earth
wire that I may use for this purpose and solder the radial wires to this.

This will be a job for later in the winter, when I have time and resources
to do this.

73,

Luke VK3HJ