Topband: BUG (beverage underground)

Jeff Kincaid w6jk at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 8 14:44:28 EDT 2018

Signals from the zenith are going to be weak, but there should be some.  I'm curious how it does as a radiotelescope!
'JK

    On Friday, June 8, 2018 11:36 AM, N7DF via Topband <topband at contesting.com> wrote:

 I recently had a 250 foot deep test well drilled near my hamshack and the well was powder dry all the way down so rather than waste a perfectly good hole in the ground I dropped a wire down it all the way to the bottom and hooked it up to my receiver  it was totally quiet of powerline noise while my above ground beverage had a 3 Db noise   The BUG did not pick up any radio signals either but you cannot have everything