Topband: 4-square antenna spacing

Ed Hughes kg4w at comcast.net
Thu Jun 14 17:22:32 EDT 2018

Jim, you need ON4UN's 5th edition of "Low Band Dxing" page 11-93 talks
about the 4 square with 1/8 wave spacing.

He says, regarding the 1/8 wave spacing (67 feet +/-)
- gain is down 1.3 db compared to 1/4 wave spacing.
- directivity is as good or better than 1/4 wave.
- has much narrower bandwith than 1/4 wave
- is harder to feed than 1/4 wave.

He covers the 1/4 wave 4 square in detail and may cover tweeking the
spacing.

Get that book if you don't already have it.

Ed
KG4W