Topband: 160M Balun

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Fri Mar 30 11:52:26 EDT 2018

I measured the Comtek bead balun on 160m and found there is low choking
resistance.

I use the K9YC design with good results, whether it will make any
difference in your antenna system is something you will need to try.
With more than 5x the choking resistance with the K9YC 7T on 5 #31core
you may see a reduction in noise and feedline involvement. I use RG400
or RG142 TFE coax which can easily handle QRO on 160m and fits in a 4 x
4 x 4 PVC junction box.  I haven't made any of the bifilar THHN designs.

Grant KZ1W