Topband: PY1RO

Chris, G3SVL chris at g3svl.com
Mon May 7 02:14:25 EDT 2018

> On 3 May 2018, at 01:01, Roger Parsons via Topband <topband at contesting.com> wrote:
>
> I was saddened to read of Rolf's death. He was an important part of 160m history for many years.

He certainly was that Roger. I recall back in the early 70’s trying unsuccessfully to work him from my suburban QTH. The guys at the club knew and on a National Field Day event in June they came excitedly to my tent in the middle of the night while I was on a sleep break to say Rolf was audible and to let me work him.

Shows how important that was as I can remember it as if it was yesterday, yet it was 45 years ago.

RIP Rolf.

73 Chris, G3SVL