Topband: Working LP from VK6 to the USA - season approaches

Steve Ireland vk6vz at arach.net.au
Thu Nov 1 00:18:44 EDT 2018

Hi Mark

Great to hear from you - will definitely be looking for you. This week I've been chasing Z23MD (without luck so far), but done the odd CQ on 1831.5 after SR - my SR is currently about 2120Z..

The first couple of weeks in November is usually the best time for LP – and, as Roger N1RJ has pointed out, if you look at the midpoint between (after) my sunrise time and (before) your sunset time, this is when signals generally peak.  The openings usually last for two to five minutes at best, but signal strengths can be strong – last year on 7 November I worked several east coast NA stations LP with strengths peaking S7.

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ